Vous êtes intéressé(e)?Postuler maintenant !
Manager, Laboratory Animal Medicine & Surgery
Valide du: 10/15/2019 au 11/15/2019
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
The Laboratory Animal Medicine and Surgery Manager is tasked with supporting the entire Program of Veterinary Care in alignment with Corporate, CCAC and AAALAC International guidelines and expectations. This includes ensuring the health and welfare of animals entering the facility and on study, and acting as a resource for all procedures involving animals and their environment, providing veterinary back up and supervisory support for the clinical veterinarians and technical staff at the Canadian Safety Assessment sites and Canadian Research Model Services (St-Constant) as applicable.
- To adhere to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) regulations and organizational Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- To provide optimal medical care as per accepted veterinary practices, and to remain current with diagnostic procedures/tests and medical treatments, as applicable to laboratory animal medicine.
- To provide professional expertise for guidance on procedures and techniques involving live animals
- ensure that the ensuring quality of veterinary care as well as animal care procedures, animals’ environment, housing, husbandry and social needs are met and comply with internal policies and SOPs, and meet requirements as demanded by regulatory agencies
- Provide direction and leadership to LAM&S in concert with the director of LAM&S, including driving initiatives originating from within our site (ex: toxicology) or from global leadership (global animal welfare and training).
- Assist director as a consultant to study directors and/or sponsors regarding study design, IACUC submission, clinical case management.
- May use controlled substances and is responsible for maintaining appropriate records.
- May provide surgical or anesthesia support during study design or in-life events.
- Veterinary support and training for clinical veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and technical staff at Canadian Safety Assessment and Research Model Services sites.
- assist Clinical Veterinarians with medical case workload, to perform veterinary examinations and to manage veterinary cases as needed, following study plans and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in preparing, hosting and responding to client animal welfare visits and audits and audits by regulatory agencies
- Schedule, host and evaluate visiting students and professionals completing rotations within LAM&S
- Participate in the design and implementation of programs to assess animal vendors and critical animal-related suppliers.
- Participate in IACUC processes as appropriate (ex: study director for in-house colonies, alternate clinical veterinarian, responding to semi-annual inspection findings)
- May perform role of Biosafety Officer and/or committee chair or participate as a member of the committee
- May be responsible for the day to day management of staff within the department
- Undertakes special projects, as mandated by senior leadership
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in veterinary medicine – this can be an animal health technician, a veterinarian or someone with experience managing a veterinary practice.
An MBA or equivalent is needed to understand and effectuate department needs.
The Manager will supervise the clinical veterinarians, technical staff, surgeons, coordinators and/or supervisors of aforementioned team members.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet